Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday

If you know me at all, you know that I love taking pictures and as such go a little overboard with my camera.  Thank you God for digital cameras, haha.  So I am going to try every Wednesday to just give you a little bit of information, with a picture if possible, on a different travel destination, restaurant, interesting place to visit, etc.  Whatever comes to my mind in the week that I think you might be interested in learning more about.

Today's destination is going to be a place called Wolf Park, in Battle Ground, Indiana.  Wolf Park is a behavioral research and education facility, dedicated to well you guessed it, wolves!!

Ruedi from Wolf Park







It is a facility that is open to the public during certain times of the year and they have a captive wolf pack that they study to learn more about these beautiful animals.  The really neat thing about this place is that you can sign up for a photography seminar where you can actually go into the enclosure with these animals and spend a few hours photographing them.  I mean it was really, really neat.  The wolves will come and say hi to you, but mostly it is just for you to take your camera out and use it.  I think I took close to like 500 pictures in the time that I was there.  So much fun!  I will probably feature this in another post, but for right now I encourage you to check them out if you are a wolf lover at all.  These are just a sampling of the multitudes of pictures that I took and I hope to go back again to take more.

Woatan looking down at something of interest

Ruedi taking a quick dip

No comments:

Post a Comment