Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Ways I Like to Travel

So far 2012 has started off on a good note and I am excited to be making my travel plans for the year.  I'm not one to just start making plans at the beginning of the year, I'm constantly researching different places to travel.  Travel research fascinates me.  You can probably ask me a question about just about anywhere in the U.S and I can give you travel tips for it.  It's just the way I'm built.

Ideally in my travel life I would have three more major vacations, with various long weekends throw in for good measure.  Now does this always happen?  Of course not, in fact rarely does it, but ideally this is what I would LOVE to be able to do.  I would have a solo trip, family vacation, and couple's vacation.

My solo trip would be one of getting into the Word and concentrating on my photography.  It would be a time of reflection, prayer, and quietness.  Just me, God and my camera.  Haven't done this yet, but hope to this year.  Family vacation is what it implies, the fam and I take off and do all those fun family things together.  My couple's vacation would be for my husband and I, alone, to reconnect with each other and enjoy each others company, rekindle the spiciness of being newly married again :).  My husband farms so getting him "away from the office" is a literal thing we have to do, as in he needs to get away from the land, which would include our house.  He enjoys doing this, but takes a little convincing sometimes.  The long weekends would be random places I visit that are quick and easy to get to, fun, and usually include a zoo, aquarium, or museum, and/or a park of some kind.  We live in a very rural area so those kinds of things are not very close to us and require some extra planning to be able to visit them.

So there you have it, the types of trips that I like to take.  More details of this year's travel plans will be coming soon.

Flower garden butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment